We focus on your insurance so you can focus on your assets
We understand that as an asset manager you are making skilled investment decisions whilst navigating through potentially volatile markets, which together with a constantly evolving regulatory landscape creates a growing number of risks, including:
- Failure to meet expectations for investment returns for segregated client portfolios or pooled funds such as open-ended collective investment funds, which can leave your firm and employees, particularly directors, at risk of litigation from disgruntled investors
- Expanding regulations could lead to official bodies investigating your firm, while negligence, wrongful acts, or fraudulent activities can lead to significant client losses, fund outflows, regulatory proceedings and fines
- As investment platforms become more sophisticated and software technology becomes increasingly interconnected there is a growing cyber exposure and data compromise risk
Every investment decision you make can lead to a claim. Even if your portfolios are well managed and achieving strong returns, your business still faces risks beyond its control. An unjustifiable claim can still lead to your firm accumulating significant defence costs and precious time distracting your key people, particularly portfolio managers, from what they should be doing - managing assets.
At Protean Risk we have a proven experience of working with asset management clients, who have chosen us because of our specialist sector knowledge and extensive choice of insurers to secure the best terms available in the market with competitive premiums.
We are aware of the risks asset managers face and using our experience, we will proactively work closely with you and take the extra time to understand your needs. We can then formulate a tailored insurance solution that can protect your firm, the funds that you manage, and your employees, as well as help you manage the costs that arise from claims, litigation, or regulatory proceedings.
Underpinning our values as a company is an overarching focus on customer service and satisfaction, borne out by extensive client testimonials and a strong client retention rate. During a recent client survey, 90% of respondents rated our service as ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’ and 95% agree that we are experts in their business sector.
Why Protean Risk?
- Proven experience in providing tailored insurance policies for asset management clients
- Extensive choice of insurers including Lloyd’s of London
- Fast and responsive policies and claims service
- Extensive client testimonials
- Exclusive Insurance Scheme designed for SME asset managers
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Directors’ & Officers’ Liability
- Employers' and Public Liability
- Crime Insurance
- Cyber & Data Insurance
- Key Person Insurance
What our clients say
We have used Protean as broker for our PI insurance since we set up our business. They have always been responsive and are both experienced and knowledgeable about the requirements of Financial Services firms and the risks we face
When starting a new business from scratch you meet a lot of new people and can be pleasantly surprised. This has been the case with Protean Risk, who I had not dealt with previously, but were introduced to whilst gaining FCA approval for our investment management firm. They have proved to be efficient and effective in obtaining competitive PI terms for us from the start and during our subsequent rapid growth.
The Importance of Outside Directorship Liability for Private Equity Companies Read more...